Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Bride's Story...In Her Own Words



Bakari and I have known each other since high school but it wasn't until last year that we became a couple. We have been best friends since 9th grade and our parents still live in the same neighborhood! We have a beautiful 11 month old daughter that was one of our flower girls. You may have seen her crawling over the back fitting room floor!

Our experience with Maya Couture was wonderful. I am not the kind of girl that has to try on a million dresses. I did my research online and found a designer that I loved. I went on the Essense of Australia website and found a dress I had to have. It was #D985. I just knew this was the one! I went to the store just to see it in person. When I walked into the store, everyone was super nice and helpful. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant so I didn't want to try it on. One of the young ladies said "oh come on, try it." I did and I LOVED it!! I didn't make a final decision that day but I promised I would be back.

After I had the baby in Dec 2009, I returned in January. I met with a lovely sales rep named Ashley. She was wonderful. She made sure that we were comfortable even with a newborn around. I told her what dress I wanted and she brought it out along with another one by the same designer #D963. Suddenly I found myself in love with two dresses!! I couldn't make a decision but she was patient with me as I tried on both dresses a few times. Even though she had to lace and unlace each one, she never complained. Then I realized I needed to see both dresses on at the same time. She looked confused but I wasn't going to have her put it on…, I had my mother put one on! We both stood in the mirror and the decision was made. D963 won!! While in the store, I found a gray fabric sash that I was allowed to purchase. At the reception, I put the fabric around my waste and put the jeweled band on top of that. It gave the dress a whole different look. I also had the seamstress add a halter strap which was good for a busty woman like myself.

Since the wedding I have started a wedding and event planning business and I will be recommending Maya Couture to all of my brides.

Our Wedding:

We were married at the Historic Chamberlin Hotel in Hampton Virginia on Sept 4, 2010.

We had an evening wedding that started at 7 pm. My dress was a Pearl color and it shimmered as the sun went down behind the gazebo! Our wedding was photographed by Jason Jarvis of Jason Jarvis Photography. He was the best. He stayed from morning until the last person left. And his prices can't be beat!

Well I think that's about everything. Thanks Again the Maya Couture staff for their professionalism and dedication to their brides!! Keep up the good work ladies.

Sincerely,

Tamika Rice-Haley

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring our wedding on your site. Our event planning business is called Touche Weddings and events and we would be honored to help any brides that are in need of our services. please visit our site at www.toucheweddings.com

    Tamika Haley

    ReplyDelete