Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Maya Couture in Turkey

Ceren's September wedding was located in a gorgeous palace in Istanbul.  She wore a beautiful Pronovias gown called "Bering", with a neckline that our seamstresses customized for her.  She wore a matching lace cathedral veil by Pronovias.

Her wedding was in a historical small palace "Fuat Pasa Palace" in Sariyer/ ISTANBUL - Turkey. The palace was thought to be built in late 18th century by a pasha from The Ottoman Empire. It was restored in The Republican Era (Turkish Republic) and started to be used as hotel and guesthouse in 1930s.

Photography was captured by 3 photographers, all part of MCM Photography. 


A note from Ceren: Getting married might not be everyone’s dream but if you choose to do so, all ladies that I know have imagined a dream wedding… The hardest part of this dream is choosing the wedding dress. It should be the best day of your life and you should feel beautiful. According to all grooms we are all beautiful and this is not a big deal. Actually it is a big deal! I was really lucky in this process, thanks to Maya Couture. I visited six stores in Hampton Roads and DC area. I knew what I wanted but it was still so hard to decide. After two months of looking for the dream dress, I visited Maya Couture for a second time. They have huge variety of gowns and I was specifically looking for Pronovias dresses. When I was looking at the new dresses I saw it! I saw my dream dress!! I tried it on and never hesitated to purchase it.
All the ladies in Maya Couture are so sweet, friendly and helpful. They tell you their honest opinion which you really need when you try a gown. Especially Misty, she is amazing! Since I am a petite woman the dress needed to be altered. I also wanted to change the neckline to suit my small frame.  I am always so scared of alterations.  Misty was very calm and helped me a lot. For the alterations, they are very experienced and understand what you want. I was so nervous but my dress turned out to be better than original version.
My husband and I planned our wedding almost for a year. What I learned is whatever happens; do not forget that, wedding day is your day. You are the princess! If you have fun, all of your guest will have fun, they will feel your energy. It was an amazing day for me and I felt so beautiful. Thanks to Misty and all Maya Couture staff, my dress and veil were gorgeous. I highly recommend all future brides to visit the store, I am sure that you will find your dream dress among huge selection.


















No comments:

Post a Comment