Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Photographer of the Month: Dustin Lewis

Meet Dustin Lewis of Dustin Lewis Images:

 

Dustin has been happily married to his wife Liz for 5 years and the couple got married at The Founders Inn in Virginia Beach. When he's not behind the camera you can usually find him at the beach or Chuck E Cheese spoiling his 3 year old daughter Emma.

How would you describe your ideal wedding?  The perfect client for you?

All of my clients are perfect and I love them all! To me the perfect clients are the ones that completely trust me and hire me for my vision. I love shooting engagement sessions - they give me a chance  to really get to know couples and gain their trust prior to the wedding so when the big day arrives we are old friends.

How would you describe your photography style?

I describe my style as a mix of creative portraiture and candid moments that capture the unique spirit of your wedding. I use my photojournalistic background to tell each couples story and create timeless memories. My commercial photography experience has taught me the importance of providing extreme attention to all details.

What’s something that every bride should know about you?

I am extremely passionate about my work and I take just as much pride in my work ethic and professionalism as I do my images.  That being said, I am very laid back and love love love having fun while working. Don't be surprised to see me on the dance floor attempting to do the Wobble or the Dougie during your reception!

What’s your favorite venue/season/etc that you’ve shot at so far?

My favorite season and setting to shoot would have to be fall outdoor weddings. We are fortunate in Hampton Roads to have great weather late into the year. 

What was your favorite aspect of your own wedding?   

Hands down the best moment of my wedding was seeing my wife Liz walk down the aisle. I had no idea what her dress was going to look like or how she was going to do her hair and makeup. When she turned the corner and I got my first glance of her I could not catch my breath. She looked absolutely perfect.

What’s the biggest piece of advice you could give a bride and groom choosing their photographer?

When considering photographers make sure to meet with them in person or chat via video or phone. You are trusting this person to document the biggest day of your life, make sure it's someone with whom you feel comfortable. There are several amazing photographers in our area with very different ways of documenting your wedding. You should choose your photographer because you love their unique style and creativity.    
 Check out some of Dustin's awesome images of Maya Couture brides below!








 
A review from Jessica & Peter (pictured above):

Dustin was an absolute professional and he and his photographs exceeded all of our expectations. He was very friendly and easy to work with. He was flexible, accommodating, and prompt for all of our interviews and appointments. He communicated everything very clearly and thoroughly. He had tons of examples of previous shoots and photo ideas for us to look at for evaluating him. He made great suggestions for each of our photo sessions (engagement, ceremony, reception) but never tried to push any of them on us. He welcomed our ideas and seamlessly worked them into our shoots. We took most of his suggestions and they turned out GREAT. He posted previews of each set to Facebook before he finished processing the whole set as a fun sneak-peek of each event. We have over 1000 AMAZING pictures on CD and in printed albums. We really couldn't be happier with the photos that we received and we've received so many compliments on them. We will be enthusiastically recommending Dustin to our friends for any and all photo needs.








  
Check him out at www.dustinlewisimages.com!

2 comments:

  1. When we got engaged about a year ago, Dustin came highly recommended to us from a friend. I had seen some of his work from another friend and we decided to give him a shout. Talk about a good decision... At our first meeting Dustin had examples of lots of his work and multiple packages to look through and choose from. He was friendly and professional, and by the end of our first meeting we felt as though he was a friend we had known for years. We set a date for our engagement pictures, which was rained out.. Dustin was accommodating to get another date in quickly. During our session, he trekked all over Norfolk.. everywhere from the fire station, to ODU, to Town Point Park. He was open to our ideas and encouraged silliness galore. (Think standing full clothed in the fountain at Waterside) The pictures were everything we had wished for and more.

    I am counting down the days until I get to walk down the aisle in my Maya Couture dress while having the greatest photographer capture it all. If you are looking for a photographer for your upcoming wedding... look no more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin came recommended by a mutual friend and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I've been married 2 years amd I still get tons of compliments on my wedding and bridal photos. I love Dustin's work and have actually referred him to 2 couples that are using him for their weddings!

    ReplyDelete